In 1935, a group of women met in the home of Katharine Irvine to begin a journey of helping young people in the greater Orange County area. That first meeting and many that followed led to the formation of Orange County’s first chapter of Assistance League. Today over 2750 children, teens and seniors in Santa Ana receive help from Assistance League of Santa Ana. With over 450 volunteers of all ages, Assistance League Santa Ana continuously serves the greater Santa Ana community since 1935 without issue of race, creed, or belief. It is our greatest motivation to help children and their families help themselves. Through programs of subsidized dental care, free eye exams and glasses, school uniforms and supplies to elementary students, gifts to seniors, support to college students through mentoring and scholarship… members actively make a difference.
Assistance League is a nonprofit corporation integrated in the community whose support comes from the community and stays in the community.
- YOU can make a difference
- YOU can VOLUNTEER
- YOU can DONATE
- YOU can become a MEMBER today
- JOIN Assistance League of Santa Ana
“Assistance League is dedicated to assisting the community by identifying and serving the needs of Santa Ana through the volunteer efforts of its members.”
- Assistance League is a tax-exempt philanthropic 501(c)(3) nonprofit, all-volunteer philanthropic corporation. We are nonsectarian and nonpolitical in all our policies and activities.
- Chapter members volunteer over 25,000 hours of community service annually on behalf of local families in need.
- More than $600,000 in direct services is returned to the community annually.
Board of Directors
June 2013 – May 2014
President Kay Housley
President-Elect Linda Blevins
Vice President Membership Carm McDonald
Vice President Philanthropy Gayle McLean
Vice President Resource Development Michele Meyer
Secretary Joyce Covert
Treasurer Shirley Dunn
Strategic Planning Chair Harriet Rodiger
Education Chair Jill Picone
Public Relations Chair Judy Tschetter
Founders Circle Auxiliary Chair Nancy Tallman
Katharine Irvine Auxiliary Chair Jan Martens
Modjeska Auxiliary Chair(s) Analee Kredel-Speer, April Anderson, Deb Foy
Assisteens Coordinator(s) Maggie Hart and Charlotte Waggoner
Parliamentarian Joyce Rohrbaugh